Thursday, February 9, 2012

Too Much Apologizing Going On Out There.

Gisele Bundchen, Tommy Terriffic's wife, spouted off at the mouth to Fans of the New York Giants after her hubby's team lost to the Super Bowl, (again) to the former short - bus rider, Eli Manning. In response, Brandon Jacobs, the former SIU Saluki running back, and current New York Giant said, she should 'look cute and shut up'.

Karl Lagerfeld, the fashion tool, recently was quoted in an article as saying Adele is 'a little too fat'.

Both men raced to an apology like they were coming out of turn 4 with the checkered flag waving. For the record, I love women. All shapes. All sizes. However, men, ALL MEN, have to tread lightly when commenting on a woman's appearance. While the truth of it is sometimes those jeans DO make you look fat. Sometimes your breath smells like hot garbage. Sometimes the whole carton of 'fat free' ice cream isn't necessary . . . save some for later.

There is no need to apologize for making a true statement. Adele is large. Gisele should not pick fights with commoners, she should just be cute (it is what she gets paid for).

I know if there are women reading this, their granny panties are all knotted up right now. They shouldn't be. I respect you all. I respect you all enough to tell the truth. I want the same in return.

Tell me when my clothes don't match. Tell me when I cross the line from being 'informed' to being an ass. Tell me I need to put gloves on my dainty princess hands because they make you feel pity for my delicate nature. Tell me to smile with my mouth closed because my teeth look dam building worthy. No apologies necessary because it's all true.

You all should want the same.

6 comments:

  1. People generally only want the truth if it compliments them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluntness Has been the harbinger of my ever dwindling number of friends. That's alright, less people in my life for me to dislike = win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"ve always believed Honesty can be no insult. I have been told several times that I to am too blunt. Oh well, tough shit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, you are . . . and it's funny. Don't stop. SOME people we work with need all the directness we can give!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a woman I am all for honesty. Don't ask questions you already know the answer to, is my motto! As for what people (aka celebrities) spout off at the mouth? I try not to pay any attention. I think though for the most part they need to really think about their words before they say anything that way it avoids the need for a quick back-peddle and an apology for damage control in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a wise woman Heather. Would you consider imparting some of your wisdom to Mrs. Rob? She hasn't figured it out yet after asking me questions for 16 years. Thanks for reading!

      Delete